What is a ring size?
The ringsize is the diameter of the inside of your ring in millimeters (European size). Shanti Jewels uses only European ringsizes, and not the American size (measurements from the outside of the ring).
Before you begin taking your measurements, pick the finger on which you want to wear your ring. The fingers on your dominant hand tend to be larger than those on your non dominant hand, so keep that in mind when measuring for your ring size.
Ensure that you finger is at its normal size before taking a measurement. Cold weather can cause your fingers to shrink a bit, while heat or water retention caused by food, medications, or illness can cause finger swelling.
How do I measure my finger for a ring?
• Measure the diameter of the inside circle of the ring.
• The millimeters are the ring size. On the picture it is 18 mm.
• If the ring is a bit tight around your finger, please add an additional 1/2 mm to the size.
• If the ring is a bit too big, please deduct 1/2 mm from the size.
Another method to measure your ring size is with a string.
How to use a string as a ring sizer?
1.Take a piece of string, ribbon, thread, or a thin strip of paper and wrap it around your finger, close to the knuckle.
2. With a pen, carefully mark the spot where the string overlaps..
3. Make sure that the string is not too tight around your finger.
4. Hold the string next to a ruler that has millimeter measurements.
5. Use the chart to determine your ring size.
The image below gives an indication of how the chains of Shanti Jewels fall. Most of the chains of Shanti Jewels have additional eyelets at the closing, this gives the possibility to become a number of inches taller.